Dark Purple Glitter Pointer

Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Latest in Beauty Complexion Perfection Box

I recently purchased the Complexion Complexion Box from Latest in Beauty. If you have never heard of Latest in Beauty here is what they say

Is your bathroom cabinet full of lotions and potions that you have bought but never use?
These days there are so many beauty products on the market that it’s difficult to know which to choose. Which age-defying moisturizer will really iron out your fine lines? Which cleanser will suit your sensitive skin? Which shampoo will give your hair the volume you crave? However good a product looks, you can never be sure if it's right for you until you try it.

This is why we started Latest in Beauty
. Our aim was to create a website which allows you to try before you buy. You can do so in two ways - by ordering a monthly beauty box, or by purchasing luxury samples.


They currently have various boxes on their website you can choose from but the one that really caught my eye is this one. 

It came really quickly after ordering, around 3 working days.



It came in a small black box and it fits through your letter box so no worries about picking up from the post office, BONUS!!!



In the box you get a leaflet with how to use each of the products and also a voucher for 40% off any make up brush from The Vintage Cosmetic Company website.

The box contained the following products.


This is the Inika Liquid Mineral Foundation in cream. I've got a few products from the Inika range and I quite like them, unfortunately this product is definitely not going to be one of those. It has a really strong scent to it which I personally find quite unpleasant and I wont be trying it on my face. However the foundation blended quite  nicely onto my hand and if it didn't have the strong smell I would have tried it.



Next up is the Bellapierre pigment in Oasis. I have quite a few Bellapierre products, I have I think about 10 of these pigments in various colours and they are lovely and this is no different. Its very very shimmery so if your not one for shimmer shadows then this perhaps wouldn't be one for you.


This is the Daniel Sandler Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner in black velvet. Its a retractable eyeliner so no sharpening required. I'm not the biggest fan of Daniel Sandler to be honest, I have a few products and nothing has wowed me so far but I'm always happy to try new products and I will definitely give this a go. It seems quite soft and easy to apply to hopefully it wont tug on my eyes and will live up to the waterproof claims.

  
This was the main reason for purchasing the box, its the Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel and I received the shade Peachy. I love Pixi, I think the products are amazing quality and I love the packaging. Although it looks quite bright in the tube and on the swatch it blends out extremely sheer and gives a lovely dewy finish. 

  

There was also a brush from The Vintage Cosmetics Company, I have used their eyelash curlers before and I really liked them so I'm looking forward to trying this out, you can never have too many brushes!


Finally we have the Benefit They're Real mascara, I have read so many mixed reviews on this mascara it seems to be a bit of a Marmite product, some people love it and some people hate it. I really wanted to try it but didn't fancy shelling out on the £18.50 on something I may not like so I am looking forward to being able to try this out. 

The cost of this box is £11.95 plus £2.95 postage which is amazing considering the Pixi Gel is £12.50 on its own. You can buy this box here on the Latest in Beauty website.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment