Dark Purple Glitter Pointer

Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

ELF Haul

ELF have recently done a 48% off sale and as I'm never one to pass up on a bargain I decided to put in a little order. I ordered either Tuesday or Wednesday morning and it came on Saturday, super quick considering how many orders must have been placed during the sale.


As usual it arrived well packaged, in perfect condition and with everything included.

There was one thing in particular that I really wanted to order from ELF and was my main reason for putting an order in, this item was the brow stencils. I was chatting to a friend at work who mentioned these and I really wanted to give them a go, they were only £1.50 (78p after the discount) for 4 different shaped stencils. I can't use all of them due to the shape of my brows but there are two that I should be fine with.


So after popping these into my basket I then ended up with this


All for only £35 delivered, bargain in my opinion. I've had a quick go of everything apart from the mascaras and nothing has disappointed. A few items are repurchases such as the brushes but everything else was new to me.

I've broken them down into sections, first up is brushes

L-R Concealer brush, blending eye brush, angled eyeliner brush, eyeshadow brush, lip defining brush and Kabuki brush
All the white brushes are part of the essentials line and are £1.50 each, the angled liner brush is part of the studio line and is £3.75 and the Kabuki brush is also part of the studio line and is £6.00. I already have all of these brushes apart from the Kabuki brush and they are really good quality, especially the angled liner brush, I can't be without this now and its the only brush I use for applying my eyeliner. 

Next up we have eye products

L-R Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick (Little Miss Thing), Lengthening & Defining Mascara (Black),  Regular & Waterproof Mascara Duo (black),  Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick (Turkish Coffee), Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick ( Check Me Out), Mineral Eyeliner (Coffee) and Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow (Bridal Party)
The Jumbo Eyeshadow Sticks are £2.50 each and are great, I've given them a little go and I find them so much easier to use than the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, they crease so badly on my lids but these are fab, even without a primer. The mascaras are both £1.50 but I haven't tried these as of yet because of the sheer amount of mascaras I have on the go at the moment. The eyeliner was £3.00, I swatched it on the back of my hand and it seems nicely pigmented and quite creamy and smooth so hopefully it wont tug when putting it on my eyes. The mineral eyeshadow was £3.50, its a really pretty white. I used it as a brow highlighter today and it worked perfectly fine for what I wanted.

Here we have a few lip products

L-R Luscious Liquid Lipstick (Baby Lips), Long Wear Lipliner (Natural Blush), Luscious Liquid Lipstick (Pink Lemonade), Long Wear Lipliner (Mauve Luxe) and Lipstick (Classy)
All of the lip products were £1.50 each. The liquid lipsticks are amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on some more. Baby Lips is definitely my favourite and I'll be popping a few more in my basket on my next order so I have plenty of backups. 

Finally we have the face products

Top Row L-R HD Blush (Superstar), HD Blush (Showstopper) Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (Turks & Caicos) , Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (Antigua)
Bottom Row L-R Maximum Coverage Concealer (Porcelain), Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream (St. Lucia) and Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder (Luminance)


Everything here was £3.75 apart from the bronzing powder which was £1.50. I swatched the HD blushes and they are amazingly pigmented, I definitely going to need some practise with these, I put the tiniest amount on the back of my hand and blended it out and it covered the whole of my hand! I used the pink blush from the Antigua duo today when we went out for tea and its lovely, its really pigmented and really flattering, I had some concerns of it looking slightly clownish but it was just a really nice flush of pink when blended out. You can build it up to a more intense colour if thats what you like but I only used a tiny amount.

So that was my ELF haul, not bad for £35 I don't think. You can buy ELF from here if your in the UK or here if your in the US. If you have never tried ELF before I definitely recommend it, if you like them on Facebook they are always doing various offers and promotions so its worth keeping an eye out if your wanting to put in an order. They also have great customer service as well and have always got back to me really quickly if I have had any problems with anything, they are super friendly too!

I'll be doing full reviews on individual items once I have given them a good go but if there is anything above that you would specifically like a review or swatches of please comment below and I'll get one posted for you.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment