Dark Purple Glitter Pointer

Pages

Wednesday 17 October 2012

FOTD and mini review

I thought I would do a face of the day today, I also used a couple of news products for the first time so I thought I would also give my first impressions of them.

I'm off work today and just wanted a quiet relaxing day so I went for a really simple and natural look.
I'm currently having some issues with spots, and lots of them. My skin has always been quite good but recently I have been breaking out alot and I end up with clusters in one area of my face. They are currently quite enjoying living on my cheek. So brace yourselves for a close up photo of my spots to come.
Because of the spots I wanted to try a new foundation. I read some good reviews on the Vichy Dermablend Foundation, its supposed to be good at camouflaging problem skin such as acne scarring and dark circles so I thought it may cover my spots.



 This was £15.50 from Boots and I went for the shade 15 Opal as it was the lightest shade that they stocked in my Boots, they do some lighter shades but unfortunately they didn't have them. It matches my skin quite well after blending it out.


This is a before and after picture of my face. This is just the foundation on my skin. I think I was expecting a little too much out of this foundation and I was thinking it was just going to cover everything and make my skin flawless. It doesn't do that but it does cover up quite well, it doesn't really take away any of the redness of the spots and I did still need to use concealer to cover them up a little more.

Onto the FOTD, here is the finished look








Here is what I used

Vichy Dermablend Foundation
Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Plus
Mac Peony Petal Blush
Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade
Mac Cross Cultural Eyeshadow (eyebrows)
Bobbi Brown Navajo Eyeshadow (brow bone highlighter)
Mac Painterly Paint Pot (eye primer)
Urban Decay Skimp (all over the eye)
Urban Decay Spotlight (centre of eye)
Urban Decay Wreckage (outer corner and crease)
L'oreal Volume Million Lashes in extra black
Mac Rebel Lipstick (applied lightly with a brush)


Now onto a little review of the mascara. I have heard so many good reviews on this mascara but never got round to trying it so I picked it up yesterday to try out. 


 I wanted to love this mascara so much especially with it costing over £10. I have tried some of the Natural Collection at Boots mascaras for £1.99 and been in love so for almost £10 more I was expecting a lot. Did it deliver? I'm still undecided. It definitely separated my lashes and it did so very well but it didn't give me any added length or volume which I was hoping for. I did also find that it clumped a little on the second coat. I'll continue to use the mascara and hopefully I will find some way to make it work for me.




I hope you enjoyed my little combined FOTD and mini review today.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Mac lipstick of your choice!


















No comments:

Post a Comment