Dark Purple Glitter Pointer

Pages

Sunday 7 October 2012

My top 5 products

So onto my top 5 products, this was a difficult one but these are the ones I decided came out above all the rest. They are in no particular order as I love them all equally.


I chose this palette because quite frankly I'm sick of wearing nude shadows on my eyes, since the day I purchased my Naked 2 palette the only eye looks I did was a nude and it was just boring. I bought this to change things up a bit and I'm so glad I did.

 
The palette includes 6 colours and retails for £31.50, you can find them here on the Boots website.

The colours in the palette are


Bliss - Matte beige
Putty - Taupe
Blacktop - Black with glitter
Mist -A shimmery very pale lilac
Royal - Dark matte purple
Nocturnal - Royal blue with glitter


I was a little disappointed at first as I felt that they weren't incredibly pigmented for the price. However the shadows are very blendable and easy to build up and the colours complement each other very well and make it really easy to achieve a smokey eye. On the back of the palette you can also peel back the label to find instructions on how to create a smokey eye which I think is a great idea if you are a beginner or just want a bit of help.




This is a fairly new addition to my collection but it has gone straight up there to my favourite foundation ever, this is the Max Factor Xperience Foundation. I usually wear Lancome on bad skin days and Yves Saint Laurent on good skin days but this is now my all round foundation. It offers excellent coverage without looking like I have piled on the make up and I don't find the need to powder at all with this. The colour match is also perfect for my skin. Max Factor say:

Love a full coverage but hate that heavy foundation feel? 
Well treat your skin to a new Xperience. 
Weightless to the touch and flawless to the finish it's what your skins been waiting for




The cost of this foundation is £9.99 and can be found at Boots here. Its almost a third of the cost of my usual foundation so I am really happy to have found this little gem.


I don't have a lot to say about this product other than it does what it claims to do. It really does make my pores to appear reduced. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks which I am quite conscious about but this product is a little miracle in a tube. You smooth a small amount over your make up and they disappear. I have no idea how this product works all I know is it does. I'll definitely be repurchasing this product over and over.
 This can be purchased at Boots here for £18.00. If you have enlarged pores I would definitely recommend giving this a try.


I've only recently purchased this at my local CCO for the bargainous price of £9.25. I am absolutely in LOVE with this lipstick. I usually go for the my lips but better shades of lipsticks and never really branch out into the brighter shades but this is amazing and really brightens up my face. 


This swatch does this lipstick no justice as its just a stunning shade and I think it would suit most skintones. 

Finally I have chosen Mac Breath  Of Plum blush, this is the perfect blush for me for autumn/winter. Its blends really well. I can be a little heavy handed with blusher sometimes and have to spend a while trying to tone it down but this can be built up from very sheer to more dramatic if required.



 This blush is £17.50 and can be purchased from Mac here.

So here is my top 5, as I said it was extremely difficult and I do have a lot of other products that come incredibly close to these but these just pip them to the post ever so slightly. Are any of your favourites featured in mine? I'd love to hear your comments.






No comments:

Post a Comment