Dark Purple Glitter Pointer

Pages

Thursday 15 November 2012

Topshop Constellation Eye Palette

I've never really got into the whole Topshop make up range. I've had one or two items but never been overly impressed with them. I recently got the Constellation Palette that they do and I have to say I'm rather impressed. It retails for £12 and can be found here on their website. Its a really nice smokey eye kit and would be great for Christmas.

Here is the palette, I love the packaging. Its really sturdy and feels like it would hold up if you popped it in your hand bag. It includes a mirror and an applicator.


Here is what it says on the back of the packaging.


The palette includes a very glittery black, a dark  glittery silver, a shimmery pink and shimmery light silver. As you can see the palette doesn't include any matt shades but who doesn't want a bit of glitter at Christmas? 


Now, it isn't the most pigmented of palettes, the swatches below took quite a bit of building up to get the colours as close to the pan as possible. The only shade that didn't quite get there was the black but I don't think that is really an issue if you are wanting to do a subtle smokey eye. All the other colours are lovely and really soft to work with and they don't create a lot of fallout which is really good, I hate having little speckles of shadow on my cheeks.


I think this is a really good palette, the packaging is cute, the colours are nice and do blend nicely and the price is not too bad. However I do think there are other products on the market that are as good or better than this palette for less money. 2  that spring to mind are the MUA Pro Glamour Nights Eyeshadow Palette 
This is only £4 and has 12 shades, definitely good value for money as these shadows are so pigmented, although I would recommend a good primer with them, the second palette is the Sleek Bad Girl Palette 
This retails for around £7.99 and again has 12 very pigmented shades, there is also the storm palette which would be a good alternative that retails for the same price. I love Sleek palettes and reach for my Au Naturel palette alot more than I do my Urban Decay Naked 2.

Have you tried any of the Topshop make up range yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment